Volunteers - At the Heart of Our Community
Would you like to become a valued volunteer at Royal Freemasons? Needless to say, volunteers are integral members of our team, providing regular companionship, conversation and friendship to our customers.
We offer a range of activities to suit people of all ages and backgrounds and we welcome new ideas and your own expertise. You can enquire about our Volunteer Program by completing the application form and returning it to us. We'll then give you a call once we recieve it and discuss your options.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Volunteer minibus drivers at our residential aged care facilities across Melbourne
- The Ladies Auxiliary is an integral part of the Royal Freemasons volunteer history, having supported us for over 60 years
- Lifestyle Activities supporting our customers in art, craft, men’s group, reading groups, music therapy, church services, bocce, bingo, live entertainment, pet therapy, shopping trips, wheelchair walks and day outings
- Supporting our Home Care customers who might be socially isolated with regular conversations, support and companionship
- Wellness services supporting our therapy staff during the exercise groups and maintaining safe and hygienic environment in the gym
- Fundraising – please bring your ideas on how we can raise funds
For information about becoming a Homes Volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 03 9452 2200. Alternatively, select any one of the options at the bottom of this page and submit an application to become a volunteer or to see what vacancies are available.
Matching your skills and interests
In discussion with you, we can determine which volunteer opportunity will best match your skills and interests as well as the organisation's requirements at the time. With Royal Freemasons’ jam-packed calendar full of activities, entertainment and assistance, it is our mission along with our team of dedicated volunteers, to keep our customers stimulated and to help them achieve their goals and aspirations.
What is required to become a volunteer?
All volunteers are provided with orientation and training and this is updated each year. As well, to ensure a safe environment for residents, all volunteers and staff must have completed a police check and sign a statutory declaration before commencing.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our volunteer coordinator on 03 9452 2200 for an informal chat or download our application form and return it to us. Alternatively, select any one of the options at the bottom of the page to submit and application to become a volunteer or to see what vacancies are available.