Become an integral member of our team
At the heart of our community, our valued volunteers provide regular companionship, conversation and friendship to our customers.
We offer a range of activities to suit people of all ages and backgrounds and we welcome new ideas and your own expertise. You can enquire about our Volunteer Program by completing the application form and returning it to us. We'll then give you a call once we recieve it and discuss your options.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Minibus driving at our residential aged care facilities across Melbourne
- The Ladies Auxiliary, an integral part of the Royal Freemasons volunteer history, having supported us for over 60 years
- Lifestyle activities supporting our customers in art, craft, men’s groups, reading groups, music therapy, church services, bocce, bingo, live entertainment, pet therapy, shopping trips, wheelchair walks and day outings
- Supporting our home care customers who might be socially isolated with regular conversations, support and companionship
- Wellness services, supporting our therapy staff during the exercise groups and maintaining safe and hygienic environment in the gym
Matching your skills and interests
In discussion with you, we can determine which volunteer opportunity will best match your skills and interests as well as the organisation's requirements at the time. With Royal Freemasons’ jam-packed calendar full of activities, entertainment and assistance, it is our mission along with our team of dedicated volunteers, to keep our customers stimulated and to help them achieve their goals and aspirations.
What is required to become a volunteer?
All volunteers are provided with orientation and training and this is updated each year. As well, to ensure a safe environment for residents, all volunteers and staff must have completed a police check and sign a statutory declaration before commencing.
If you are interested in volunteering, please call 1300 1 ROYAL (1300 176 925) for an informal chat or download our Application Form and return it to us.