Premier Daniel Andrews has announced the following restrictions will be in place from 11:59pm tonight, Thursday 15 July 2021, until 11:59pm on Tuesday 20 July 2021.
You will only be able to leave your home for the following five reasons:
- Shopping for essential items (what you need, when you need it)
- Essential work where it cannot be done from home
- Care giving for compassionate reasons
- Exercise with no more than 1 other person for 2 hours per day
- Getting vaccinated
Additionally, the following restrictions will apply:
- You must stay within 5km of your home, other than for permitted work or to shop for essential items unavailable within 5km of your home.
- Face masks must be worn everywhere in Victoria, other than in your home.
- Private gatherings and public gatherings are not permitted. You cannot have visitors to your home.
Residential Aged Care
- No visitors are permitted to residential aged care facilities during this period. Exemptions for end of life reasons and other exceptional circumstances must be made by arrangement with the Facility Manager.
- You can arrange a video call with your loved one by using our online booking system or by calling the home directly.
- As we are anticipating this will be an incredibly busy period and to ensure we can offer a fair opportunity for you and your loved one, video calls will be restricted to 30 minutes only, giving our staff sufficient time to set up for the next resident's video call.
- Visiting entertainers & hairdressers will not be attending the home.
- All clinical and allied health care will continue as planned, however, Telehealth may be used rather than face-to-face consultation.
- If you wish to deliver items for your loved one, please ensure that the items can be wiped down, are provided in a labelled plastic bag and delivered to the home during business hours.
Royal Freemasons does not have the authority to provide exemptions to the 5km travel limit if your place of primary residence is more than this distance from our homes.
- In line with the restrictions, you must not have visitors in your home from 11:59pm tonight.
- If you have Home Care services delivered by Royal Freemasons or any other provider, these can continue. Staff must wear a mask at all times.
- Restaurants and cafes at our villages will be providing takeaway meals only.
- Real estate inspections will not go ahead.
- Common areas will be closed.
- Only critical repairs and maintenance works will proceed.
- We will work with our staff to reduce the number of people who attend to deliver services to you, where possible.
- Some services during the next week may need to be changed or cancelled. Priority will be given to essential care needs.
I encourage you to stay on top of these recent developments and restrictions by visiting coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
For more information or if you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to call your Facility Manager or email [email protected].