At home
OverviewHome Care Packages Commonwealth Home Support Program
Enquire About Commonwealth Home Support Program

Commonwealth Home Support Program

Royal Freemasons is an approved provider of the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). We aim to focus on your strengths, capacity and goals to remain independent and live safely in your home.

If you are an older person living at home and need a little extra assistance inside or outside the house, or to get about in the community, the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is designed to enable you to take control, live and enjoy the independent life you choose.

What is the Commonwealth Home Support Programme?

The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is designed to provide entry-level home support for older Australians who wish to continue living independently. The program varies in cost and service, depending on what you require, where you live and which services you can access.

If you or a family member are living at home and need a little assistance with daily tasks, or with staying connected with your community, CHSP can provide some help before a higher level of care is needed.  You may be recovering from an illness or operation where you need extra support. We have a range of aged care services to help you at home, plus personalised health services and access to our Day Therapy Centres.  We will work with you to help manage your day-to-day requirements and we are here to offer an extra helping hand.

Am I Eligible for CHSP?

Basic eligibility for Australian Government-funded services requires that you are:


What Costs Are Involved?

CHSP Services are subsidised by the Australian Government, but providers may ask you to make a small contribution towards your services. The maximum income tested care fee you are expected to pay will be determined by the Department of Human Services.


How to Apply

Your application starts with a telephone conversation with an Aged Care assessor, who will ask a few quick questions to help determine the best level of care or assistance for you, as well as your suitability for the program.  The assessment is to make sure you don’t need a higher level of support, known as a Home Care Package.

Firstly, you need to contact My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422 or visiting,

You do not need a referral to contact My Aged Care. 

You can also Contact Us to discuss your needs at any stage:

Home Care Enquiry Form

Contact Us

For further information please call 1300 176 925 or email [email protected]



Royal Freemasons is passionate about our service and welcomes feedback on our team and facilities. Please click here to access our feedback form.