Love being at home?
Our home care service gives you the security you need
Enjoy the comfort and independence of your own home by calling on our home care program.
Tailored care and support, direct to your door
Coordinated programs are delivered by trained staff from Royal Freemasons who you will get to know. You’ll be reassured that someone familiar is coming to your door. Our programs are individually tailored to your needs depending on your circumstances and preferences. We can help you with a wide range of personal and household tasks and will always be there as you review your needs. We encourage your feedback so we can confirm we’re offering you the help you need, ensuring you have choice and control in decision-making.
For a no obligation discussion call our Home Care Customer number 1800 756 091 between 8am and 4pm. Fax 03 9510 6925 or email .
If you and your family have made the decision that Residential Aged Care is right for you in order to move into an aged care home because it is no longer possible for you to manage at home without assistance, there are five steps you will need to follow before you are ready to move in.
Are you eligible for home care services?
Have you qualified for an Aged Care Assessment Service referral? This is the first step to help you access home care programs. Follow this link to locate your nearest assessment team: www.myagedcare.gov.au or phone 1800 200 422. Your general practitioner might also be able to help you.
This link outlines the process - www.myagedcare.gov.au/eligibility-and-assessment/how-assessment-works.
The Home Care Packages program has replaced the Community Aged Care packages, Extended Aged Care at Home packages, and Extended Aged Care and Home Dementia packages (since August 2013).
A Home Care Package is a coordinated package of services tailored to meet your specific care needs. Our packages are coordinated by a home care team, with funding provided by the Australian Government.
There are four levels of home care packages:
- Home care level 1 – to support people with basic care needs.
- Home Care Level 2 – to support people with low level care needs.
- Home Care Level 3 – to support people with intermediate care needs.
- Home Care Level 4 – to support people with high care needs.
The range of services available includes care, support and clinical liaison so you can live at home. Royal Freemasons works with you, so you have the best possible choice and flexibility in the way care and support are provided.
What does a home care package cost?
The basic fee you will be asked to contribute varies according to your income and personal circumstances. If you are on the basic rate of pension, your maximum contribution would be 17.5 per cent of the single pension. People on higher incomes may be asked to contribute a higher amount.
There are limits on the amount of income-tested care fees:
- Full pensioners pay no income-tested care fees. They can be asked to pay a basic fee.
- For part-pensioners, and people with equivalent incomes, income-tested fees are capped at $5,000 a year.
- Self-funded retirees have an income-tested fee capped at $10,000 a year.
- The annual caps are built into the calculation made by the Government.
- There is also a lifetime cap for income-tested care fees up to a total of $60,000.