About Royal Freemasons
For You, For Life
A message from the Chief Executive
We have One Mission, a simple and principled aim.
We want to ensure our customers live a secure, dignified and rewarding life.
I am proud to oversee a very special organisation caring for nearly 1600 older Australians. To meet demand, we are growing our services and recently added 215 aged care beds and 40 independent living units to our mix. We want to offer people the very best of care and exceed their expectations. To ensure this, we have carefully aligned our services to meet the Federal Government's Living Longer Living Better Legislation.
In recent times, we have built on a long-standing tradition of excellence by introducing a range of new, high quality and caring options. We are constantly endeavouring to exceed our customers’ exacting standards and am confident that we have exceeded them at our new developments Streeton Park in Heidelberg and Coppin Suites at Coppin Centre.
Achieving these goals in not possible without investing in great staff. Older Australians deserve generous and thoughtful care. Our skilled and committed team is fundamentally important if we are to deliver our One Mission. The passion of our people has been integral to ensuring we improve services and exceed accreditation standards.
Royal Freemasons is grateful for the strong support it receives from Masonic Lodges and the general community as it continues to innovate in pursuit of excellence. We welcome enquiries from you if you’re interested in joining the team at Royal Freemasons. We are here For You, For Your Life.
Chief Executive, Royal Freemasons
For You, For Life is our commitment to you, our resident. It reflects our founding and on-going commitment to providing innovative, thoughtful and exceptional care to older Australians. We understand how hard it can be to leave a family home and to seek some support. Your needs are paramount. Your sense of security is our main objective.
Since 1867 we have consistently led the way, helping older persons to live secure, dignified and rewarding lives. Over the years, we have evolved to meet the changing needs of our residents. Today we offer:
- independent living
- premium retirement living
- home care and transition care
- residential aged care across Victoria.
Over the last year the Royal Freemasons' team has achieved some great outcomes for their residents and the community.
- As part of our commitment to expand and improve Home Care services, we are excited to announce that on 1st September 2015, we successfully transitioned 190 Level 2 and Level 4 Home Care packages from Austin Health and Melbourne Health.The acquisition provides these customers with the opportunity for new services, greater flexibility and choice with all the packages now delivered under Consumer Directed Care (CDC).
- Royal Freemasons was very pleased to receive funds raised by Monash Lodge to assist in a number of our fundraising appeals. The presentation held at the Waverley Masonic Centre was attended by over 100 guests consisting of Freemasons, family and members of the local community. Monash Lodge donated $3,000 to Royal Freemasons to help purchase therapeutic Robotic seals and upgrade the gardens at our residential care homes. A DVD explaining our current and recent appeals was shown at the event.
Streeton Park on the Yarra opened the doors to its new residents. An afternoon tea was held in October for the purchasers and their families, giving them a chance to mingle and view their completed apartments for the first time. A question-and-answer session was led by Chief Executive Felix Pintado, with an afternoon tea served in the stunning restaurant area.
- Royal Freemasons was a PREMIER partner of the festival, which featured an exciting line-up of events across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. The festival’s theme was “Community Involvement” and included activities such as aerobics, yoga, tango and tai chi, as well as free musical performances, poetry readings, technology classes and history presentations.The festival was launched on Celebration Day, Sunday 4th October, at Federation Square, by Victorian Minister for Ageing, Hon. Martin Foley, along with event master of ceremonies Peter Hitchener.
- The Royal Freemasons community choir has continued to raise its voice with performances throughout the year since commencing in May 2015.Generous community contributions, through a Fundraising Appeal, helped launch the Royal Freemasons ‘With One Voice Eastern’ choir at Centennial Lodge in Wantirna South, in partnership with Creativity Australia.
- The 2015 Royal Freemasons Research & Innovation Forum, presented updates on three key research programs, all designed to deliver tangible benefits for the aged care workforce and those people in their care. Guests from the aged and clinical care sectors heard from Royal Freemasons research partners La Trobe University, Alfred Health and the National Ageing Research Institute (NARI), presenting results of studies that impact the lives of thousands of older Australians.
Royal Freemasons state-of-the-art residential aged care facility, Coppin Centre, opened in 2011, provides:
- 210 places for those needing aged care in an 'ageing in place' setting
- caring and secure dementia care
- thoughtful and attentive palliative care
- wellness services (such as physiotherapy, speech therapy and exercise classes)
- a cinema
- a library
- proximity to public transport
- easy access to restaurants, parks, art galleries and Alfred Hospital
- expansive gardens, and
- a vibrant program of activities
In July 2015, Coppin Centre was further enhanced with the addition of Coppin Suites consisting of 18 premium penthouse suites and apartments in a secure, ageing in place environment some with sweeping views of the city and Dandenong Ranges.
We also own and operate residential aged care facilities caring for almost 1,600 customers at;
|Residential Aged Care Location||Beds|
|Ballarat Aged Care, Canadian||42|
|Centennial Lodge, Wantirna South||75|
|Coppin Centre, Melbourne||192|
|Coppin Suites, Melbourne||18|
|Darvall Lodge, Noble Park||60|
|Elizabeth Gardens, Burwood||68|
|Footscray Aged Care, Footscray||60|
|Gregory Lodge, Flemington||73|
|Monash Gardens, Mulgrave||97|
|Mount Martha Valley, Safety Beach||125|
|Springtime Sydenham, Sydenham||50|
Since 2014 Royal Freemasons has also provided management support to Masonic Care Tasmania.
Research and Innovation
Royal Freemasons recognises that its customers want to be as healthy as possible as they age. We are striving to offer people-centred services and enhanced in-home support in response to customer demand and in line with best practice. For example, we were one of the first organisations to make the most of telemedicine and to offer onsite bone density assessment services and tele-monitoring in the home for conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. We want to help you remain at home and minimise disruption to your day.
Continuing to grow
Royal Freemasons is always seeking to expand its services to ensure older Australians are offered positive alternatives when they decide they need more day-to-day support.
Streeton Park on Yarra represents Royal Freemasons second premium retirement living development. It offers 84 spacious apartments nestled on the banks of the Yarra River in picturesque Heidelberg.
It adds to 18 other residences across Victoria.